LG K20 V sometimes shows incorrect battery life while charging
ScottinKnox

The charging itself is fine.  But often while charging, it will show a lower percentage of battery life than the true charge.  If I take the battery out, put it back in and power on, then the correct percentage appears, often 15-20 percentage points higher than previously shown.  Has anybody else had this issue and know anyway to permanently correct it, rather than constantly taking off the back and removing/reinserting the battery?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG K20 V sometimes shows incorrect battery life while charging
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is a very interesting scenario, ScottinKnox. I am sorry to learn that you have to remove and reinsert the battery just to get an accurate reading of what the battery percentage is. How long has this been going on? Are you using the same charger that came with the phone? Any liquid or physical damage to the phone?

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ScottinKnox

There was no damage or moisture inflicted. It is the original charger.

Phone was picked up by my mom on Sat.Oct 28 and delivered to me on Mon Oct

30. It seemed to charge normally the first time, but the readings seemed

off when charging the next day and some subsequent times thereafter. It

was another couple weeks before I tried removing the battery as I described

and discovered the misleading readings.

On Nov 21, 2017 9:51 AM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ScottinKnox, it's good to see that there is no physical damage. Let's keep working to figure out why this is happening. What exactly makes you feel like the battery percentage is incorrect rather than the battery draining too fast? What does your speedtest show? You can do one here > http://bit.ly/1nmIQMJ

MarcusS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
ScottinKnox

It's mainly not showing a high enough percentage while charging. For

amount of time of charge, number was seeming way too low on many

occasions. So, I removed charger and battery and then replaced them both.

Battery life indicator rose anywhere from 10-25 percentage points. It has

done this repeatedly when charging "appears" slow.

On Nov 23, 2017 10:45 AM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ScottinKnox, thank you for these additional details. We'd like to gather additional details. Does the same charging behavior occur if you charge the phone with it powered off and also through safe mode?

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes