LG K20 V
LROLLEN01

My LG K 20 V will not connect to my home Wifi. It was working fine until there was a update. I keep getting error that password was not accepted.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG K20 V
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LROLLEN01, having that connection can really make a difference. We know that Wi-Fi is something our customers enjoy using. Let's work to ensure that you have this connection. You mentioned that the error received is specific to the password, are you entering the password as seen on the back of the router? Have you attempted a connection to any other Wi-Fi network to ensure that you do have a connection? Please attempt to reboot the home router and let us know the status.

LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JOSSTO29

I've been having the same problem. All was well before the most recent update. I've reset the home router and checked the password several times. I did a network reset and a factory reset on the phone but I still get the error. Computer, laptop, and my spouse's non-updated K20 V are connecting with no problems. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

0 Likes
JohnnyNoCash363
Enthusiast - Level 3

When you did a factory data reset did you reinstall the update? Also are you having the same issue with other wifi connections?  I think it might be worth a try to do the factory data reset again if you're sure the update is what caused it.  If you install the update again and it still has the same problem, you might need a warranty replacement. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOSSTO29,

We always want to make sure you are able to connect to your WIFI. Let's work together to get to the bottom of this. What security type do you use(WEP, WPA

DerekR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LROLLEN01

I am using WEP.

0 Likes
JOSSTO29

The factory reset does not appear to have cleared the updates. When I go to check for updates it says there are none. I tried a second and third reset and this happened both times. The reset is not uninstalling the updates.

0 Likes
JOSSTO29

Also WEP

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

LROLLEN01 wrote:

I am using WEP.

Why are you still using the most least secure type of wifi security?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

JOSSTO29 wrote:

The factory reset does not appear to have cleared the updates. When I go to check for updates it says there are none. I tried a second and third reset and this happened both times. The reset is not uninstalling the updates.

Your phone is operating as designed since factory resets do not remove operating system updates.

0 Likes