LG V10 Update Software Version: VS99029A
Auddin4824
Enthusiast - Level 2

For those who are in charge of the LG V10 update, I found a flaw with the update. I am not sure if it just my phone so if you have an LG V10 with the latest update, you can check it out.

After the update, my phone will frequently freeze up. The display will work and the external buttons will work (Power, fingerprint unlock, volume rocker), but the touch screen won't work. After countless hours of taking out my battery and putting it back in, I found out that the single hand mode (swiping the home buttons left or right will shrink the screen to that side) feature doesn't work after the update and will freeze the touch screen.

I fix the problem by disabling the single handed mode (I don't really use it anyway). I just created this post to let the developers know as well as other user. It might be just my phone though...

Labels (1)
Re: LG V10 Update Software Version: VS99029A
Auddin4824
Enthusiast - Level 2

For other user who have an LG V10 with the update above (It is the lastest update as of 10/5/2017), test out the problem above and let me know if you have the same issue. I want to know if you also have the same issue or if it just my phone.

stef7
Master - Level 2

OK, I bet you didn't perform a Factory Data Reset did you? Over the years on multiple LG phones (it's not specific to LG), I've acquired OTA (Over the Air) updates. I think I've experienced 10 updates on 3 maybe 4 LG phones. Maybe 8 of those 10 times, I did not have to perform a Factory Data Reset to get proper device operation. The other two times, I did have to perform a FDR.

If I were you, I would back up all my photos and any content I wanted to keep to my computer and a microSD card if I had one. I would copy down any critical settings on a piece of paper. I might list out what downloads I intended to re-download from the PlayStore. I would power down the device. I would remove the microSD card (if I had one).

I'd boot back up. I'd perform a Factory Data Reset... When the phone booted back up, I'd test the operation. Chances are good, the proper operation would be restored. Then I'd go about downloading the apps, and setting up mail, etc. Sometime later I would power down and re-install the microSD card (again, if you have one).

Let's put it this way: you are lucky when an OTA goes without any glitches and your phone doesn't encounter a problem. Some people even intentionally go through the above process because it's like starting with a clean slate. If it sounds like alot, it isn't really... Just do it when you have a little time on your hands.

raspann
Enthusiast - Level 2

Received system update VS9902AA on 11/21/2017.

0 Likes
SEAROB11

I recieved mine today, 11/23/2017, same numbering, which is weird. Only a security update, no version number change.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

raspann your update was for V10

SEAROB11, thank you. took the 70.3MB update on my V30

Android Version same

Android Security Patch lvl same

Build number same

Software version - went from VS99610c to 10d

Security software version same

So at least they reved the Software version - but in this case, according to the notes, there was a security update. I'm surprised other identifiers didn't change. Yes wierd.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You should not have to change your feature for your screen to work Auddin4824. You should be able to use your screen in any mode. When you remove the single hand mode is the whole screen that does not work? Are you unable to get into applications? Has there been any physical or moisture damage to the device?

AmberF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Amber, sorry but I have no idea what post you are responding to...

0 Likes
SEAROB11

It's weird I went from 28A to 29A (Sep/1) and now 2AA (on Nov/23). Numbering doesn't make sense!?!

0 Likes
Auddin4824
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was reluctant to do it since it was too much of a hassle to back up my phone, but I recently got an amazing deal for a 128gb SanDisk Extreme Pro for $35! I will be getting it around January 10. I will let you know how it does then.

I am still waiting for the Nougat update though...

0 Likes