LG V20 Smart Settings
lhbert
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got my LG V20 yesterday and noticed that the Smart Settings are missing. After some research it appears that Verizon is notorious for removing functionality from phones. Has anyone else noticed this and is there any way to get those features back?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG V20 Smart Settings
CEEDUBYAWDE
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have multi window figured out! You need to become a developer on the phone first. Settings >  About phone > Tap build number multiple times until you become a developer > back out and go into developer options >  enable multi process web view.......im sure ill figure out more as I play and will keep posted.

View solution in original post

traviserin8809
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah lame. I just also discovered that split screen / multi window is also disabled.  Im starting to get annoyed.

CEEDUBYAWDE
Enthusiast - Level 2

Very annoyed! On the G4 when I was connected to my home WiFi the quick remote would then show up on the top screen pull down tab. I missed my remote when I upgraded to note 7 and could not wait to have it ready at the flip of my finger again when I went back to LG. Why do this to me Verizon!!!!!!

0 Likes
TallTonyInTX

Here's the solution. Let me know if it works. I've been out of town and decided to wait until I'm home to get my V20.

Smart Settings on Verizon | LG V20

0 Likes
lhbert
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the post TONYTX. It looks like Verizon also removed My Places from Locations and this is required to set the home and away from home profiles in smart settings.  Do you have any recommendations for getting back My Places? I tried looking down the list of apps in quickshortcutmaker and didn't see anything that would do this?

0 Likes
CEEDUBYAWDE
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you. Any idea about getting multi window?

0 Likes
traviserin8809
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can also confirm that while this shortcut maker does indeed allow access to smart settings, "my places" has been removed by Verizon so at home and away from home functionality is not possible.

However, the Bluetooth open a certain app does work so that's a plus.

Thanks for the link.  Shame on Verizon.

And split screen / multi mode still missing as well.

HOWEVER I found there is a program called "Verizon Hidden Menu"  and one of the subprograms is "feature enable/disable"  so all we have to do is figure out how to gain access to "Verizon Hidden Menu"  - it says I don't have permission to access it.  That needs to change.  Its my phone, Verizon.

0 Likes
traviserin8809
Enthusiast - Level 2

UPDATE:  I tried ##3328873  press send,  then service code 000000

however the only feature enable/disable is wifi enable/disable, camera enable/disable, ota-dm and tool launcher.

wifi is enabled, camera enabled is unchecked? tool launcher is enabled.  I wonder what tool launcher is?

0 Likes
CEEDUBYAWDE
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have multi window figured out! You need to become a developer on the phone first. Settings >  About phone > Tap build number multiple times until you become a developer > back out and go into developer options >  enable multi process web view.......im sure ill figure out more as I play and will keep posted.

aballcrusher
Enthusiast - Level 2

Smart Settings..

Smart Settings.....Fixed by us the customers

So this is just a little crazy. You pay $700 for a phone, $20 for to activate the phone.....And you can't use all the features that LG built into the phone.

Verizon if you are not going to let all features be used, then you should at least state that before the phone is bought. People read reviews of phones, look at phones their friends have (even on other providers) and watch review videos. You regulate phones and updates where other companies allow many more unlocked phones (Axon 7 is an example).

Smart Settings is not something exclusively from LG, you can get many apps that will do this as well. So disabling it merely makes your customers take another step that can be more complicated and give them a less than perfect experience. (Tasker, IFTTT are just two)

Again Just to make sure everyone knows, this is Verizon that is forcing this on us. Not an LG issue. If you need Proof. Here is the fix.

Here is how to get it back.

Download QuickShortcutmaker from the market

Open it and scroll down to smart settings.

Open the smart settings dropdown.

Now press the first smart settings drop down.

This will create a icon on your home screen.

That's it.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk