Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,360 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
LG V30 Update - Screen sharing
sjw22

Since updating to the "Cookie" update, my phone no longer plays videos on my television while in screen sharing mode, specifically apps such as Netflix. How can this be fixed?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG V30 Update - Screen sharing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, sjw22. What happens when you attempt to connect to your TV while in screen sharing mode? Do you receive an error message, or does the device not connect at all? Has anything else changed on the device (like new apps) other than the update?

0 Likes
sjw22

Nothing specific happens. No error message etc., the video will continue playing on my phone and the sound will come through my tv, but the picture wont be on the tv. Nothing else has changed and all of the apps I attempted to use are up to date.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sjw22, We'd never want an update to stop you from doing what you want with your phone. Have you tried connecting with another Television? Is anyone else able to connect to your Television? How do you try to connect?

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sjw22

Yes, I've tried to connect to both of my televisions, and neither will play videos/movies from Netflix. Someone else, that has the same exact phone as me, has also tried to connect and has the same issues. We were always able to watch netflix on screen sharing up until doing the most recent update.

We both turn on screen sharing on the TV and our phones, and they connect from there.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sjw22,

I'm sorry to learn that since your software update, you are no longer able to screen share. A software update is supposed to enhance your phone, not hinder. I appreciate the information provided so far. Let's keep the ball rolling. You mentioned that it's not allowing you to watch Netflix. Are you able to watch from any other app or is it specifically Netflix? Please confirm these are the exact steps you are performing: https://vz.to/2udvSd3 Have you unplugged & replugged in the wireless display adapter? If not, can you please try this step?

AliciaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sjw22

We have discovered that we cannot watch Netflix or the digital copies of movies we have purchased on google play; everything else we have tried still works.

It appears to only be our phones (LG V30) as we had a family member (who has a Samsung S8+) attempt and was successful at connecting to our television via screen mirroring and was able to watch Netflix.

Yes, we are follwoing the steps listed in the link you provided. We do not have a wireless display adapter, both of our televisions are equipped with miracast.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sjw22,

I appreciate the details. Let's dive deeper into this. Have you tried to remove the Netflix app on your phone, reinstall it and try again? I know mentioned that Netflix hasn't worked, so I wanted to think outside the box and try this. 

JuanD_VZW

0 Likes
sjw22

We have tried to removing and redownloading netflix and it still does not work. We also tried downloading different screen mirroring apps and they do not work for netflix or playstore movies either.

0 Likes