LGVS985 failed to update from version VS98524B to VS98535A both OTA as well as through Verizon LG software upgrade assistant
Nick7

Tried a few times upgrading OTA and failed (6 times). I can't remember the error code.

Then I downloaded and installed the Verizon LG software upgrade assistant. When I ran the program, it brought up the current information on my phone (VS98524B) but did not detect the new upgrade (VS98535A). Did not prompt for an upgrade

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LGVS985 failed to update from version VS98524B to VS98535A both OTA as well as through Verizon LG software upgrade assistant
Snn5
Legend

There is no approved method for stopping the updates.  It will take time, but the phone will download the update and later, at some point, not ask and will install the OTA update.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: LGVS985 failed to update from version VS98524B to VS98535A both OTA as well as through Verizon LG software upgrade assistant
Nick7

I tried turning WiFi off and it still did not work.

Update failed at 2%

Error: 0x1111004

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nick7, having the latest and greatest software on you phone is crucial to it's performance. Thanks for reaching out to us. I saw the mention of LG. Which LG device do you have exactly? Was this done on WiFi or the VZW network? Were you notified by the device that an update was available?
AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Nick7

Thank you for attending to my issue, I appreciate it. I have the LG G3 VS985 4G LTE.

I tried the update on WiFi for a few times and then after reading a post by someone else, I tried updating with WiFi disabled. Either method failed to update. Yes, the device notified me that a new update from Verizon was available for my device. In fact the notification still keeps coming up, but now I have to keep delaying it for later, because I know it will fail to update.

Any assistance would be great!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for trying all of that already, Nick7. We definitely want to make sure your update is completed. What is the signal showing on your phone when wifi is off? Are there any error messages when the update fails?

DanielleR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Nick7

When the WiFi is off, data switches to the 4G network. The error code is always the same when the update fails - Error: 0x1111004

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is helpful information, Nick. Let's keep digging to get your software updated. Are you able to use the 4G network for data features on your phone no problem? When was the last time you were able to update the software?

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
Nick7

Yes, the 4G works fine when I'm not on WiFi. It usually switches to 4G when I'm not at home and I've not had any trouble with that. The last successful update was "software updated to VS98524B July 15, 2015 at 5:54am EDT"

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Glad to hear the phone is working as it should with service, Nick7. We did a further review of the device and found the most up to date software should show VS98524B. Is this what you are seeing in your device?

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
Nick7

Yes, my phone is currently on VS98524B...but everyday it downloads VS98535A OTA, and then prompts me to upgrade the device. I keep postponing it because now it's just getting annoying...the prompt comes in at least twice a day. Is there any way for me to turn off automatic updates?

0 Likes