Lg V20
BABYGIRL_0097

Ive had my lg v20 for a couple months and its had at least 3 or 4 updates on it. The very last update I had was on Nov. 21, 2017 and for some reason I think it has been messing my wifi connection up some how. It stays connected when I am at home just when I leave and come back it connects to it but says no internet access or/connection? When it says that I have to do a soft restart and if that don't work I have to go to my network reset settings and then retype my wifi password in. I love this phone its pretty amazing but this wifi deal is getting irritating and I would like to know how to fix it because my mom has the same problem with her lg v20 also. Thank you to whomever replies and can help!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lg V20
stef7
Master - Level 2

First thing to try is a System Cache Wipe, done via the System recovery / boot menu. This is not the same as an Application Cache Clear (done via Settings).

I believe the process to get into the System Recovery menu is the following:

Power down the phone.

Press and hold at the same time, power and volume down.

When the LG logo appears, and while continuing to hold volume down, let go of the power key for a few seconds,

Then while still holding volume down, press the power button.

Keep holding both until the System Recovery menu displays.

Use the Volume Up and Down buttons to scroll, Power to Select.

Wipe the System Cache.

If that doesn't work, backup important content and perform a Factory Device Reset, aka Factory Data Reset (FDR).

Good luck.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BABYGIRL_0097, I want you to have a working phone and I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues after updating the phone. Let's look into this and find out what is going on. Is this happening to all WiFi networks or just your WiFi network? Do you have Avoid bad WiFi connections turn turned on? If so, please turn this off. Settings>WiFi>Tap the 3 dots in the top right corner>Advanced WiFi>Avoid bad WiFi connections. Please run a Device Health Check through the My Verizon Mobile app and send us the results. Here's how https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206364/.

ZangY_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Hoosiertraveler
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had the same problem after the last 2 updates. My wifi will not connect. I did a full reset on my phone in early February, and the problem was fixed. After the recent update, it's returned. That tells me there's something you guys are pushing in the updates that's messing with my phone.

0 Likes