Location services stopped working
Turtle042
Enthusiast - Level 2

About a month ago the Location Services stopped working on my Moto G5 Plus (Android 7.0).  This was shortly after installing the April 1, 2018 Android Security Patch.

The GPS works, but neither the Battery Saving mode does not.  The High Accuracy also does not work unless I'm under open skies and have a GPS signal.  By 'not works' I mean any application that uses location reports 'Location Services Not Available' including Google maps, Local News, and weather apps.

I have rebooted the phone, cleared the Google Play Services and Google Maps caches and data, and uninstalled/reinstalled weather apps with no luck.

Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Location services stopped working
bearone21
Legend

do you ever re-boot the phone??

0 Likes
Turtle042
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ahem.... I can cut-and-paste from my first message if you wish:  "I have rebooted the phone ..."

🙂

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us Turtle042. I'm sorry to hear about your Moto G5 Plus. We always want our customer's phone to work. We technically don't support that particular model since we haven't tested it out for our network, not to worry, I am confident that we can help you figure this out. It should be similar to our Moto G Play. What happens if you try it out on Safe Mode (http://spr.ly/6582Dm37o), does the features work? Does it matter where you go?

Ryan_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

my apologies!! good luck!!

0 Likes