Marshmallow broke my knock code on LG V10
Akirakun1
Enthusiast - Level 2

After an accidental Marshmallow update to my LG V10 the original lock code didn't work well & fingerprint sensor did not work at all. It took me about 30 min to get into my phone using the lollipop 3-4 knock code. I immediately set up a new fingerprint save and re-entered the same knock code then created a security pin number however I am still unable to unlock my phone using the fingerprint sensor alone and I need to enter the lock code about 8~10 times.

I've discovered that the Marshamallow lock code has increased the security to the knock code to a minimum of 6 knocks. Please offer a quick fix. I need to disable the knock code but I am unable to reset it through the settings menu as it always says it didn't recognize the knock code and to retry.,

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Marshmallow broke my knock code on LG V10
Akirakun1
Enthusiast - Level 2

The knock code minimum requirements have changed. I did not forget the knock code. Please don't assume things and ask questions if things are unclear. I feel as I was disrespected by implying it was user error. I'm relieved that you didn't imply that I forgot my fingerprints. This is issue was the result of a Google marshmallow update security increase without being shown a EULA and the ability to get rid of the nagging update. LG was contacted through their phone support directly but they seemed to point fingers to Verizon and Google. 

I've resolved my issue by typing my correct 4 knock code more than 6 times entering my pin and marshmallow requested a new knock code and fingerprint calibration. I hope this proves helpful to moderators and users in this community.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Akirakun1, having access to your phone is a must. Help is here to ensure this happens for you. I want you to love your new software as it is meant to enhance the device. My apologies that you are running into issues. Because of the knock code being unknown, the best next plan of action is to do a complete master reset so that you can then gain access to your device. I do hope there was a back up of your device’s content. Please click here for the steps for master reset. http://spr.ly/6584BxsAk

NatashaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Akirakun1
Enthusiast - Level 2

The knock code minimum requirements have changed. I did not forget the knock code. Please don't assume things and ask questions if things are unclear. I feel as I was disrespected by implying it was user error. I'm relieved that you didn't imply that I forgot my fingerprints. This is issue was the result of a Google marshmallow update security increase without being shown a EULA and the ability to get rid of the nagging update. LG was contacted through their phone support directly but they seemed to point fingers to Verizon and Google. 

I've resolved my issue by typing my correct 4 knock code more than 6 times entering my pin and marshmallow requested a new knock code and fingerprint calibration. I hope this proves helpful to moderators and users in this community.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I do apologize Akirakin1. The last thing I want is for you to feel disrespected by us. Thank you for keeping us updated and I am glad you were able to get this resolved. I am sure this will be helpful to others as well as for us. If you ever need further assistance we are only one post away http://vz.to/1DXD2ee . Have a great weekend. 

JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Akirakun1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow, did you really get my name wrong?

0 Likes