Moving out of the United States
w_reuben

I have just learned that I will have to move out in a few months.  I still have outstanding balances on devices I purchased through the Edge program. Can I return the devises to Verizon when I close my account? The price of the devises on the Edge program is 200% the market value of the same new divise.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Moving out of the United States
Weth
Legend

Military or not military?

If non-military when you go to cancel your account, the remaining balance of your phone will be due in full. 

0 Likes
w_reuben

Do you mean that I will have to pay 2 times the real (market) value of each devise?

0 Likes
w_reuben

If I am paying in full with 20 months of anticipation interests must be deducted from the balance.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

I Don't know what device you have or how you come up with 2x market value, but you will owe the price of the phone at the time you bought it, minus any payments you have made so far.  You can sell the phones to reduce out of pocket.  You can't return them to Verizon. 

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Device payment plans have 0% interest.  There is no interest to deduct. 

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You're paying full retail for the devices. I think you're confusing the full retail price with the subsidized price those on 2 year contracts pay. Otherwise I can't imagine where you're getting the idea that you're paying 200% market value.

w_reuben

The price of the Samsung S4 is for example $178  in Amazon, while it is above 400 in the Edge program

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

But you chose to buy it from Verizon rather than Amazon. You agreed to Verizon's price. 

S4 no longer available from Verizon, so I cannot confirm price.  On Amazon $226 for new Verizon version. for older phone I suspect you are right on the price difference at time of purchase.  So why did you buy the more expensive one?

0 Likes
w_reuben

I have just checked. Actually, you get it for $164.99 on Amazon.

0 Likes