My LG G4 phone died following an update. So far, Verizon, Google and LG have denied responsibility. Now What?
kentj

My LG G4 phone received an update last week and now has died.  I brought the phone into the La Verne Verizon shop where I have bought my last two phones (plus two for my wife) and was told by Veronica, that a lot of customers have come into the store lately with the same problem I have (the phone stopped working, won't boot up, battery drains in a couple of hours) with their G4 and that the problem resulted from a recent (last week) download.  All she could offer me was the chance to pay off my G4, and then buy a new phone.  She told me that the download came from LG. 

I then called LG and spoke with someone in India who told me that I could send my phone to their repair facility in Fort Worth, TX and I would later find out what the cost would be because he "had no idea."  He then said that the download came from Google  and to call them.

I called Google and spoke with Alice who told me that while the downloads did originate from Google, they were "tweaked" by the various carriers (Verizon, Sprint, etc.) and, perhaps by the manufacturer of the phone.

Alice promised to email me with some suggestions, but nothing yet (about two hours ago) from them.

So here is where I stand.  Everyone is blaming the other; and my only recourse to spend several hundred dollars to buy a new phone, after I pay off my old phone.  All because of nothing I, or my phone, did wrong.  In the army we would call this a "circle jerk."

Needless to say I am very unhappy with all three parties to this fiasco, and wonder if anyone else has this issue, and if so, what they were able to do to correct it; short of having to buy a new phone. 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: My LG G4 phone died following an update. So far, Verizon, Google and LG have denied responsibility. Now What?
kentj

I followed up with an email to Ronan Dunne, Executive Vice-President and President Verizon Wireless Services and received a reply from Jessica, from his office. 

I discussed my problems with Jessica and she agreed to send me a refurbished like-new LG G4 phone to replace mine by next day air.

She did so and the "new" phone is working perfectly.

I have to say, I am impressed with how Verizon handled this.

0 Likes
Re: My LG G4 phone died following an update. So far, Verizon, Google and LG have denied responsibility. Now What?
ERNARM65
Enthusiast - Level 2

See my post above. This happened to me about 5 days ago.

0 Likes
ERNARM65
Enthusiast - Level 2

Do you still have his email address?

0 Likes