My LG G6 is not syncing contact with Google? Been through the routine with tech support. Say it is a Google problem. Any ideas?
DPISTULKA

My phone worked flawlessly until recently I noticed that my contacts had not been syncing.  Did some further research and it has been quite a while.  Like several months or more.  Verizon tech support has run me through everything they can think of and finally just said it was a Google problem and I should use Verizon cloud to backup contacts.

Not an option since I actually use my phone for business like many others.  It is syncing with a CRM and office 365 as well but they all feed from Google.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Damon

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My LG G6 is not syncing contact with Google? Been through the routine with tech support. Say it is a Google problem. Any ideas?
bearone21
Legend

un-sync everything, sign out, close. sign in, sync what you want, close-out, re-open 7 see if contacts populate.

0 Likes
Re: My LG G6 is not syncing contact with Google? Been through the routine with tech support. Say it is a Google problem. Any ideas?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Those are great ideas, bearone21. Thanks for jumping in! I really want to make sure we cover all the bases when it comes to getting your contacts to sync through Google on your LG G6, DPISTULKA. I appreciate you already reaching out to tech support for help. I'd like to have you check and see if your contacts are savings as a Phone contact or Google contact. This can be done using the steps at https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-210836/ and then in the "contacts to display" section change it to a single option, such as Phone or your Gmail account. When you are viewing the Phone contacts only, are those the contacts missing from your Google account? The steps in #3 at https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-210433/ help to make sure any new contact is saves as Google instead of Phone or Verizon Cloud. Also, are your other Google services, such as your Calendar, syncing fine? 

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DPISTULKA

The contacts are in the Google account, not my phone.  My calendar is syncing.  When I update contacts on my phone they don’t sync to Google.

Thanks,

Damon [removed]

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
Re: My LG G6 is not syncing contact with Google?  Been through the routine with tech support.  Say it is a Google problem.  Any ideas?
bearone21
Legend

apparently you haven't selected contacts be synced from gmail to phone.....several items can be synced!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are committed to resolve your phone's concerns, DPISTULKA. You indicate that your phone worked flawlessly until recently. Did this issue start after you updated or installed any particular application or software?

You mentioned that you sync to office 365 and CRM, have you tried to remove all the accounts from the phone an install/sync again?

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes