New Update Failure
hupchurch

Every since I got a new update over the weekend, my phone starts a factory reset all by itself every few hours. How do I get it to stop? I didn't update any apps, but there is now new apps added to my phone from the stupid update, which is stupid. If I want the app I'll put it on my phone all by myself.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: New Update Failure
Snn5
Legend

Try going to Storage-Cached Data-Tap and tap OK to Clear. 

0 Likes
hupchurch

I've tried that several times, doesn't fix it.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Sounds like you want to do a factory reset then. 

0 Likes
hupchurch

Just not every few hours It's a lot to get all your apps back, pics, messages, etc.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

That's why, when I FDR, I backup what I need, and never restore apps and app data automatically.  I start fresh with new clean and updated installations.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hupchurch,

I certainly understand your concern to have your phone keep resetting. That certainly isn't okay. We're here to help and I'm confident we can get this working for you. Is the software showing as fully up to date? Do you get any sort of errors or anything like that? When this happens does the phone say anything?
AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
hupchurch

I will have laid it down & then come back to it at the point it's in the middle of doing it or it's at the setup wizard screen.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hupchurch,

That definitely isn't what we want to hear. I appreciate those details for sure. Have you tried manually doing a reset of the phone? Is there any sort of physical or water damage?

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
hupchurch

No I've not tried doing a factory reset by me. There is no damage or water damage to my phone. It started when I did the software update. I started it & then went to bed. When I woke up the next morning it was on the setup wizard screen.

0 Likes