Not receiving a text message
paws4jas2

Why would I not receive a text from someone who also has Verizon as their carrier? It happens once in a while from this same person. He showed me the text he sent, but I never received it. We both have Samsung Galaxy phones as well.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not receiving a text message
rangergord

Similar problem with me. My friend is on Sprint and it seems any text he sends me does not get through. But I can text him and strangely he can reply to me. WTF?

I noticed on  my Nexus 5x there is a setting to get s report of sent texts. I'll see if his phone has something like that and see what gives.

Annoying!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is very strange that the texts are not being received, paws4jas2. With us on your side we can get this resolved once and for all. Does it say sent from the person’s phone? Does this happen with any other contacts? Does it occur with only normal texts or is it picture/video messages? Please share details.

AnthonyC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yes, super-duper annoying to not get the messages, rangergord. It's up to us to figure out where it gets lost in the sequence of sending. To cover all the bases, on your phone what texting app is being used? This can be checked under Settings>More Newtworks.

On top of this, here's a left field thought. In the past we've seen situations where messages did not get delivered based on the sender sending it using the recipient's Facebook contact. This is caused because the Facebook contact has a 1 in front of  the ten digit number. So if it's possible, ensure that the number being sent a text is just the 10 digit number. 

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes