Not receiving emails
sculpin59
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am not receiving emails on my LG-G3. I entered all the IMAP server and Incoming/Outgoing port information. When I send test emails to myself the show up in my email account when accessed via my laptop, so I know they are going through. My phone also shows them in my "Sent" folder, but they never get to my "INBOX". Can anyone tell me how to trouleshoot or resolve this problem?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Not receiving emails
TheNatural
Contributor - Level 1

The stock email app on some of these android smartphones is crap if you ask me. What email provider? Can you use a 3rd party email app they have? This is an issue with the email application built into the phone by LG, I would call them and see if they can't figure something out.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
TheNatural
Contributor - Level 1

The stock email app on some of these android smartphones is crap if you ask me. What email provider? Can you use a 3rd party email app they have? This is an issue with the email application built into the phone by LG, I would call them and see if they can't figure something out.

0 Likes
VzWuserRC
Enthusiast - Level 3

How do you access to read that email on your laptop? Via your email account website, or using email client such as MS Outlook? Your email account website is near real time. You normally see it pretty quick. There is slight delight to show up through email client (I use MS Outlook). The default client on the LG G3 occasionally has long delays, but eventually arrive. That what I notice on my LG G3. Another note, if you use MS Outlook client. There is an option you need to check and set "Leave mail on server (for # of period of days)". I set mine for 3 days. It makes the email available to be pulled by multiple clients (like I pull it on my PC, tablet, & LG G3). If this option wasn't set, the email server may clear any emails that had delivered to the client. It may not be available to be pulled again by second client. Note this is just my experience. It may not neccessary the same case as yours (since we do not have information of your email server and/or how you read your email outside of your testing LG. 

0 Likes