Oneplus 9 Pro 5G cannot receive SMS messages
karlmchorton
Enthusiast - Level 1

Moderators: could we have a dedicated Oneplus Location?

I just brought my own Oneplus 9 Pro 5G to my existing line - what an amazing device!

Swapped the SIM from my old phone, and registered the IMEI with Verizon.

Voice, data and SMS send all work great, but SMS receive didn't work.

Two issues:

1. If using the stock android messages app, you need to turn off "Chat features" from the old phone before using messages on the new phone. This is documented by Google. How to turn chat features off (google.com)

2. You need to have Verizon provision your account with the "CDMS-less" option. You can't self-service this. Here's part of my chat with technical support.

I have sync the network settings, there is a block feature got added on the line which will not allowing to add the cdma feature, so I have removed it and it starts working.

I hope other folk find this useful: it took me a few hours to figure all this out.

Outer Richmond - San Francisco
Tags (4)
Re: Oneplus 9 Pro 5G cannot receive SMS messages
GK999

Had the same issue... Got it resolved today... Worked with Verizon Support Chat... had them enable CDMA-less provisioning. Then,

Power Off Phone

Remove/Reinsert SIM

Power On Phone

A whole bunch of pending messages came through !!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

These details are very helpful to us, GK999. Please meet me in a Private Note. *Cecile

0 Likes
jg558

Yea, I did that, too. "A whole bunch of pending messages came through" ... Then a week, or two, or three passed and I had the same issue again. Called Verizon, was on the phone for an hour and it was resolved again. And then the issue happened again. I called OnePlus, who after some time admitted it was a bug in their operating system and that I should wait for an OS upgrade. Back to my old phone. That was months ago. NEVER a oneplus again. 

0 Likes