PapaRock
PapaRock

I've had good phone reception.  for 3 yrs..now I have to go outside of apt and walk 100 yrs to get decent phone reception. What's going on?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: PapaRock
Weth
Legend

Could be a tower is down - how long as this been going on? Do other Verizon phones have the same problem?, as it could also be your phone. Any construction going on within a few miles of your house. A new strategically placed building can impact signal strength.

0 Likes
PapaRock

It just started last week...I dropped TMobil 3 yrs ago for same problem....

Some people at work suggested I do a " Tower Find"...and update my phone....yet no one could tell me how to do this?? Thx for your efforts...ZI appreciate your help.( I've rebooted phone...nothing changes...)

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

What phone do you have. Updating your PRL, which is what the "tower find" that was suggested at work, is done automatically with newer LTE smartphones whenever the phone is restarted. If you have an older 3G only phone or basic phone, then you would dial *228 to update the PRL, select option 2. If you have a newer smartphone that is LTE - DO NOT DO THIS. You can also call CS and report the change in coverage, they can check if anything is happening with towers in that area and open a ticket.

0 Likes
PapaRock

My wife and I have exact same phones...LG4.s She has no problems...I get great receptions at times..but as of last 2 weeks..DO NOT. So...how or who checks out the phone?? (I work 355 mi from home..again..this just started 2 wks ago..when questioning coworkers about VERIZON Coverage...some say yes...some don't know..I'm dropped numerous times on I 65 ..flat..open Interstate...while driving home. Thx

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

If you both have the exact same phone and yours is noticeably different in reception, that certainly points to the phone. Is it still under warranty or do you have insurance? I would take it into a Verizon corporate store or talk to LG support. http://www.lg.com/us/support

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure you stay connected. Has your device been powered off and back on again recently? This refreshes network connection to ensure it remains stable.
KleoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes