People App not syncing with Google Contacts
BRIMAR30

I have an HTC One M9 running Android 6.0 and HTC Sense 7.0. This morning I went to People (phone contacts) and found that my Google account was no longer synced with People. When I check my sync settings, there is not a 'contacts' option for my Google account. I checked with Play Services and all the Google apps are up to date. I signed out of my account on my phone and logged back in with no change. I restarted my phone with no change. All of my contacts still exist on Google, so I haven't lost any information, just sync options...

Any ideas on what is going on?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: People App not syncing with Google Contacts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BRIMAR30-

Getting your contacts to sync properly is always important. Has there been any recent change on your phone? Any new app download or software update? If you go to your Contacts app>Menu>Settings>do you see a "Merge with Google" option?

CarmenT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's quite strange. When creating a new contact, do you have the option to save the contact info to your Google account?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
LIZARDPOP

I have same issue. It is now impossible to sync contacts between google and my phone. HTC support recommends a factory reset. But I think this is an intentional "feature" by Verizon to force use of their sync/backup system. I refuse will switch carriers first.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I haven't had issues with multiple phones and devices and two cellular carriers over the last eight years with syncing my contacts through Google.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important to be able to sync your contacts to the account of your preference, LIZARDPOP. We do not have the ability to stop a Google sync on customer devices, I can assure you. What trouble are you having when trying to sync your contacts? What has changed since you were last able to do this? If you go to Settings>Accounts & Sync>Google do you have Contacts checked?

LaurenC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes