Phone not ringing while on wifi
MimiBakerMN
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I use my phone (Turbo) on wifi instead of 4G, my phone doesn't ring. It doesn't even show any calls coming in. For the person on the other end, the phone rings for them a few times and then goes to voicemail. I never have an indicator that my phone has missed a call.

Labels (1)
Re: Phone not ringing while on wifi
mama23dogs
Legend

Does the phone get any cell reception while on wifi?

this needs to be taken in for repair, not normal.

GZRX
Contributor - Level 3

I don't know if this info will be of any value regarding your issue but:  I just placed a call from my house phone to my Samsung S5 while it was on Wifi.  The S5 gave no indication of an incoming call.  I did record a message from the house phone to the S5 but found no evidence of that message being left on the S5.  Yikes.   Checked my S5 network setting and found it set to Global

Changed that setting to LTE/CDMA, redialed from the house phone and the S5 rang indicating an incoming call.  I let that call go to voice-mail and recorded a message which I was then able to access via the S5.

0 Likes
Eah3
Enthusiast - Level 1

oh my god thank you for answerting this question ive been trying to figure this out for days, and verizon is not helping with their AI "real people" in the chat... they would say "I'm sorry you're having that problem... vcanned response/canned response/ canned response... " even when i asked to speak to real person i just got a more updated robot. no information from either just talking in circles..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Eah3, I'm glad that your concern has been resolved with help from GZRX in our community. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience of not receiving help when reaching out to us. Here's a link with the various ways that you can contact us: www.vzw.com/contactus. Our goal is always to assist during every interaction. Please be sure to let us know if you need additional assistance.    TanishaS_VZW

0 Likes
BillyPenrose

I just brought my iPhone to Verizon from T-Mobile and I started having this same issue. When I'm in my office, with WiFi calling enabled, my phone will NOT ring. It does not even show a missed call. I only know if I miss a call if someone leaves a voicemail. This is especially bad because not everyone leaves a message.

To "fix" the problem, Verizon tech support had me update my 911 address to match my office address. That worked, but only at my office. If I forget to turn off WiFi calling when I go home, I don't get calls at my house. I can still make WiFi calls just fine, so there is no indication that my phone is not receiving calls. The solution can't be for me to constantly input my address every time I'm on a different wifi network. I never had this problem in T-Mobile, so there has to be another solution.  Please.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BillyPenrose, we understand the importance of making sure you have the services you need. We do want to make you aware that Verizon branded features such as Wi-Fi Calling are not supported on Open Development smartphones (unlocked). This will be the reason why this feature is not working correctly. In order to resolve this concern, we would recommend that you purchase or activate a Verizon branded device in order to utilize the Wi-Fi Calling feature effectively.

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes