Phone rings
Rachael93

My phone is going off.  Ringing, not my selected ringtone, and does not show the phone is receiving a phone call.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Phone rings
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rachael93,

Thanks for getting back in touch with us regarding this, Rachael93. I'm sure we can get this sorted out if we keep working on it. Please make sure that no alarms are turned on in your phone by selecting your Clock and checking for active alarms. Then, please place your phone in safe mode to see if the issue continues to happen while your phone is in this status. To enter safe mode use the following steps: http://vz.to/1DnzQOl To exit, a standard restart is needed. Please leave the phone in safe mode long enough to see if the issue goes away.

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Another notification for another application?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Rachael93

I am not getting any text messages or other notifications.  Just starts ringing.  Started this Saturday.  Twice Saturday, once yesterday and now today.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It has to be for something. Did you check the notification shade for any applications listed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Rachael93

I don't know where to find that.  My texts are set with a certian sound, and my phone is set with a distinct ring.  So I don't know what it could be for.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Email?  An application for a game, weather etc?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You don't know where to find what? The notification shade? Pull down the notification bar.

0 Likes
Rachael93

Ok, I found it.  And it is not for any of those notifications.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rachael93

Let's figure out these mystery sounds together! We definitely don't need your phone to be making unwanted noises when you don't want them. Which make/model device is this happening on? Does the phone light up at all when this happens? Was there anything listed in the notification shade at all?

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Rachael93

I have LG G3. 

[removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

0 Likes