Phone sending duplicate text messages
lilangelkris05
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is anyone else having the problem of their phone sending multiple text messages to people? I've been having that issue for about 6 weeks now...it seems to happen about every other day and when my phone is sending multiple texts do people, I dont tend to receive text either and my battery drains fast. The only way to fix all of this is to reboot. I've already talked to Verizon and tried to troubleshoot it. They were pretty sure it was the messaging app I was using (Chomp sms). Assuming they were right, I uninstalled it and am now using Textra. It turns out I'm still having the same problem. I even tried using the stock messaging app but it does not offer blacklisting. As I've been getting a lot of spam in the middle of the night, I can't use the stock app. Has anyone had this issue? Is there a fix for it? At this point I'm assuming it's an issue with Verizon but it could also be my phone? I have the LG G3.. unfortunately it went out of warranty last month. Help Smiley Sad

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Phone sending duplicate text messages
Verizonlgg6269
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since my last post, Android marshmallow 6.0 has been pushed out for the G3. My friends and family said the duplicate texts have stopped for now but I will repost if it happens again. I will also clear my messaging cache and report back if the issue continues. Thanks

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lilangelkris05,

Text messaging is my main means of communication so I completely understand how you feel. It sounds like you are having the issue when using 3rd party messaging apps. Have you tried uninstalling teh 3rd party message app and just using the standard messaging app on the phone? If so, are you also seeing the duplicate text when using the standard messaging app?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
lilangelkris05
Enthusiast - Level 2

I started using the stock app, but my phone was going off like crazy in the middle of the night with spam that i could NOT blacklist (stock app has no blacklisting option). I therefore had to switch to another 3rd party app. The one day I used the stock app, I did not have the problem....but I dont have the problem every day anyway...so I don't know for sure if it helped. I dont see how all 3rd party texting apps could cause the same issue though. Am I missing something? The only common links are my phone and my network.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lilangelkris05,

I appreciate you trying the stock app. We are unable to troubleshoot 3rd party apps. This is why I suggested you use the stock app to see if the duplicate messages continued. If while using the stock app you continued to see the duplicate text then at that point we could further investigate is see what may be causing it. Are you having the duplicate text with the new 3rd party app you downloaded?

JohnB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
lilangelkris05
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I did have an issue with the 2nd 3rd party app I downloaded...but it only happened once, the first day of use. I havent experienced this issue in about a week (thankfully!) But I understand it's pretty much impossible to diagnose at this point.  Smiley Sad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lilangelkris05,

I appreciate you keeping us posted. I'm glad to hear you haven't experienced the issue for a week now. We're here if you need further assistance.

JohnB_VZW

0 Likes
aquaecny
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have received multiple texts from only one person. He has the LG G3. I do not know what messaging app he uses. However, I also have the LG G3 and I have noticed when I send a text, I see a lagging 'Sending...' circle some times. This is when my recipients have indicated receiving duplication or even more. I am using the stock app. A simple Google search shows it is not app specific. Others have suggested it isn't even network specific but possibly LGG3 specific. I've had the phone for almost a year and a half now and never had this problem until just December. It has happened when I am connected to different WiFi networks as well as not connected to WiFi. I tried both as some suggested this might have been a cause. Still an issue... Any word??

lmo2312
Enthusiast - Level 2

Following this thread as I am having the exact same issue. It appears that many many people have brought up this topic, and the VZW people haven't given a good answer or solution yet. Frustrating! Hopefully they figure something out soon as texting coworkers and other colleagues and having them receive 70 copies is quite embarrassing!

0 Likes
GunMetalPoetry

Same issue here. I've had my LG G3 for about a year, and the first time it happened was on New Year's using data (4g/3g). It happened again today using wifi. I use the native messaging app and have never used a 3rd party app. Phone is up to date.

0 Likes
SIGS48
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue for me as well.  Some people have gotten up to 9 text messages when this happens.  I'm not sure when it started.

Here are my phone specs:

• LG G3
  • Stock sms/messaging app.
  • I'm not rooted
  • Running Android version 5.1.1
  • Build number LMY47V
0 Likes