Poor Customer service longest wait times
mpiriemon
Enthusiast - Level 2

is there ever a time when Verizon is not experiencing "higher than normal call volume"?   Every flippin time I call , no matter the time of day there is an unacceptable wait time to speak to customer service.

Right now I'm at 24 minutes and counting.   NO EXCUSE!!!   Oh how I hate Verizon.   6 more months until 2 of my lines are out of contract and then I'm leaving.   

Tags (1)
Re: Poor Customer service longest wait times
Doggo
Contributor - Level 3

1) There's not enough agents to 120 million customers.

2) A lot of things can be resolved on your own or searching Google.

3) People who have no reason calling in are occupying space in the queue and taking up an avaliable agent.

4) It's the most thankless job you could ever have and has a high turnover because of it.

5) You're welcome to apply.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mpiriemon, the last thing we want is for you to have long waits to speak with us.  We want to be available to you at all times and we would be devastated to see you leave the Verizon family.  I am here to help and get any issues turned around.  What has you reaching out to our customer support?   -Santo

0 Likes
mpiriemon
Enthusiast - Level 2

frig you and your reply.   don't make excuses for cruddy customer service and waiting on hold no matter what time of day you call and every time they say "do to the high call volume..."     garbage!!!!    Verizon and Comcast share the #1 spot for the worst customer service.   

johnv474
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey vzw_customer_support,

I have called 7 times now to every number I can find.  *611 won't help.  The only way to contact a human being is to contact sales.... who then hangs up.

I am being bombarded by phone numbers I do not know.  I just got this number.  I am on the Do Not Call Registry.  I cannot reach someone who will help.  All of the numbers, which are Verizon numbers, are disconnected the next day if I call back.

Amazingly, Verizon is receiving "higher call volume than normal" every time that I call.  Also, "the menu options have changed".  Also, they keep insisting I use the virtual assistant, who cannot help.  How is it that you can NEVER have representatives available?

New customers, be warned.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh my, that is definitely never the experience we want you to have with us, johnv474. But not to worry, I am here to help you now. I know how annoying spam callers can be, I get a lot of those too. Now let me ask you, what is the make and model of your device?

~Sofia

0 Likes
DrRex
Enthusiast - Level 1

The truth of the matter is Verizon have set up a business model whereby they do not want to receive incoming calls. Look, you can contact American Express or Mastercard and speak to a person everytime within 3 to 4 minutes. Verizon set themselves up for failure with this model. Sometimes, you really need to talk to someone, not in 12 hrs, like now!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DrRex I'm sorry to learn you are not please with the call back time, 12 hours is a long wait. However, I'm here to help. What can we do here on this platform? -Dolores

0 Likes
teecatin
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree. I have called for the last three days trying to get through to VZW customer service in a timely fashion and when l finally did, it was clearly outsourced overseas. The agent gave a phony "Americanized" first name  and would not reveal what country he was in, yet Verizon has no problem asking me to authenticate my identity and compromising my security. So I switched to trying live chat - no option to get a transcript of the chat and, of the agent's own admission, handling multiple chats simultaneously, so none of them handled efficiently or in a timely manner. I had to repeat my questions again and again. Some were never answered. In particular, huge discrepancy between my data usage per email from Verizon on 12.20.21 indicating 50% data remaining, and what is showing in Settings on my Pixel. Data detail clearly shows no data used since 12.20.21 when I was at 50% usage and now showing 60% used per Verizon app or 75% used via Android Settings for data usage (take your pick). So disappointed in Verizon, that I am considering changing carriers after many years - despite other less expensive carriers, I remained loyal to them, but this level of degradation in customer service is unacceptable and disrespectful of my time. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be more than happy to review your data logs with you. To allow us to do so, please leave us a Private Note here, or reach out to us directly online @VZWSupport on Twitter or Facebook. We look forward to working with you soon!

*Robert

0 Likes