Problem with sending text
Darlenetucker

So my mom is suddenly unable to receive texts from me.I can send and receive from everyone else.and she can too.but for some reason I get her text but she's not getting mine,thus has been going on a few weeks. she's had her phone and service checked out and swears up and down its me. BTW she has straight talk

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Problem with sending text
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Darlenetucker,

Staying in touch with family is a must.  Let's work together to ensure those messages are flowing as they should.  What message app do you use?  Also, are you connected to Wi-Fi or our network when sending and receiving messages?

EmmaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Darlenetucker

It is,just the basic default message app that came on my galaxy. Doesn't

have to be connected to wifi to work

On Apr 16, 2016 10:03 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is it the red messaging icon Verizon Messages - Android Apps on Google Play or a different application?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Darlenetucker

Verizon messages

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try disabling the Verizon Messages application and using the true default text message application called Messaging from Samsung.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for those wonderful details, Darlentucker. I'm pretty confident that we'll be able to get you back up and running with no issues. Are you able to call your mother without any issues? Does it show that the message that you try to send her goes through? Or do you end up getting an error? Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Darlenetucker

I can call her no problem but also says her message has been delivered but

she doesn't ever receive it

On Apr 18, 2016 10:44 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Darlenetucker, we don't want this to be an ongoing problem. Let's make sure that this isn't a memory capacity issue. Try deleting all unwanted text messages, power your device off/on and try to send her a text message again.

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes