SD Card unmounting
AzulJoel
Enthusiast - Level 2

All of a sudden, my 128 gb SD card keeps unmounting. I tried my old 64 gb card and it's now having the same problem. I haven't run any system updates since March. I tried reformatting the card, nothing. Any ideas?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: SD Card unmounting
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AzulJoel,

I’m disappointed to learn about these SD card issues you’re having. I’m not a fan of device issues either and I will be delighted to help fix this for you. Any new apps added recently? Have you tried to place your SD card in another device or your computer?

JuanD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BARTON8R

I have been having this same issue for months with a Droid Maxx 2. I got a replacement phone and SD card, and it still keeps happening. I am using class 10 cards, and I format them as internal storage.

Factory reset or safe mode do not solve the problem. Cycling power o resolves it temporarily, but it will unmount later in the same day. Reformatting the card appears to let it work for a several days at time.

I'm ready to give up on this phone model and go back to a Samsung Galaxy S4.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BARTON8R, we want you to enjoy your Droid Maxx 2. Let’s work together to get this fixed. Have you been able to use the SD card with this device before? Any changes with the device such as software or applications?

ZangY_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rbackrick

Same exact issues , reinsert card. Now it won't read.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I rely on my SD card to save all of my important memories, rbackrick. We definitely want you to be able to use your SD to save your important content as well. Let’s take a closer look into this. How long has this been an issue? Any error message? What is the make and model of your phone?

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes