Security camera not sending email
johnd_125

Hi,

I have a security camera set up so t hat when it detects motion it sends an email with a picture of the image it has captured.  I have had success with this, but over time have ran into a coupleproblems.

At first I had it send an email to my Verizon phone via text.  Worked great...for awhile and then the texts wouldn't come through.  then I  had the camera send an email to a private email address I created and then had all email to that address, forwarded to my phone as a text message.  Again, it worked great for some time.  Recently I started seeing failure messages on my Verizon phone.

My Verizon phone appears to be blocking these messages from my security camera.  Since they are automated messages, perhaps it sees them as spam.

I would prefer to set up my camera to send messages directly to my phone.  Just to verify, the settings the camera needs are:

Sender email address

Recipient email address

Server address

Username

Password

Port

(Checkbox) This server requires a secure connection (Start TLS)

Please help with the settings above, specifically those in bold.

If that doesn't work, please help resolve why an automated email, forwarded from a private domain email address, is not being received by my Verizon phone.

Thanks, in advance, for your help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Security camera not sending email
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why convert the email to text?  Why not simply send it to an email address that is already set up on your phone?

0 Likes
johnd_125

A text message is received promptly.   Email, such as gmail, might not refresh for 20-60 minutes which is unacceptable for a security situation.

Aside from that, if it worked to _______@vzwpix.com before, why shouldn't it work, now?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

# @ vzwpix.com should work.  I just tested by sending two emails to my ph#@vzwpix.com.  One had an image attached, the other had the image embedded inline.  Both came to my phone within seconds.

And your reason for converting to text first makes sense.  Does your email have the option for push emails, rather than syncing or polling every 15 minutes or so?

0 Likes