Should my HTC 10 be set to Global or LTE/CDMA as the Preferred Network?
Lakefan

Just set up my HTC 10 which I purchased from HTC (not Verizon) and I have dropped calls where I never did before and my Internet seems slow...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Should my HTC 10 be set to Global or LTE/CDMA as the Preferred Network?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

LTE/CDMA

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

LTE/CDMA

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

radgatt
Contributor - Level 2

I have mine set to Global. I haven't had any dropped calls. My Internet isn't slow unless I'm in a congested area.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Global will look for GSM towers first instead the Verizon ones.

0 Likes
radgatt
Contributor - Level 2

Then why would Verizon always say to leave it in Global? Wouldn't it be better if it came with LTE/CDMA as the default?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have never seen them say to keep it on Global.  I have seen the LTE/CDMA instruction.  The only place I can think they would do so is on they international plans page.

bearone21
Legend

when has verizon said to use global, i've never heard that one.

0 Likes
radgatt
Contributor - Level 2

Whenever I go into the store. I go in for an issue with my car charger and they looking all over the phone settings. They see it have LTE/CDMA. They tell me that it should be on Global. I never really notice any difference either way though.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Radgatt,  You have a great question. Let's see if Ican provide a great answer.  You are right, you can have your phone set to 4G/LTE  and it should work just fine.  However, sometimes people travel in areas, where they might roam, even in the U.S.  In this case having your phone on Global, will insure that you have uninterupted service, no matter where you travel.

_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

thanks....has never happened to me.

0 Likes