Signal quality
carlajean42

Hello. I am a long-time Verizon customer and have always been happy with the places I am able to get signal. I often get good coverage in places where my colleagues with other services do not. Over the last six weeks or so, I have noticed that at my place of work (where I have worked for 6 years) I am getting only 1-2 bars of signal, and sometimes enter roaming mode. My text messages sometimes take 5-10 minutes to go through. I sometimes do not get ringing calls (they go straight to voicemail) and I have also experienced call loss when it switches to 'roaming' mode.

The zipcode of my workplace is 040573. It is somewhat rural but I have not had a problem getting signal here before.

I have an HTC One Remix

Android Version 4.4.2

HTC Sense version 6.0

Under the "Network" I am currently showing the following information:

Operator Name: Verizon Wireless

Signal strength (dBm) : - 108

Mobile Network Type: LTE

Service state: in service

IMS Service state: Registered

Roaming: Not roaming

Please let me know if there is any other information I can provide.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Signal quality
carlajean42

Zipcode typo. It's actually 04573

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be able to continue enjoying service where you have previously had good coverage, carlajean42.I appreciate you providing all of this information. I have reviewed the area of coverage and did not find any known issues within the last six weeks. How does service differ if you are outdoors here? When your phone indicates roaming, does the data connection on your device also change from LTE?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
carlajean42

I have not seen a significant difference between outdoor and indoor use. Also I have a large window in my office (i.e., I'm not in a basement) so I doubt it is an obstruction issue.

I have seen it switch to "1X" when it is roaming (as opposed to 4GLTE). This does not happen all the time, however.

Thank you,
Carla

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the added details. I understand how upsetting this must be for you carlajean42.

Service indoors can vary. There are many factors out or our control that can interfere with signal when indoors.  Is the issue all the time or is it random or during certain times? Do you know of others with VZW service having the same issues?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes