Software Update for LG V10, downloaded but not installing
free_popcorn
Contributor - Level 1

Read on a website that Verizon pushed an update to the V10 and so far, I have downloaded it 3 times and each time, the installation failed after 3% of attempting to install. Each time, I receive the following error, then the phone restarts; Err: 0x1123004

When the phone finally boots back up, I receive a popup stating: Sorry, there was a problem updating your LGVS990. No changes were made. Please try again or you can upgrade using the Software Upgrade Assistant from your computer. I got into settings, then System Updates and see under LAST SYSTEM UPDATE: Software not updated to 11B. Error: 402

Have not tried the SUA yet, but called Tech Support who was not even aware an update was pushed out, and couldn't help me because I was not calling from an authorized number? Anyone else try to update their V10?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Software Update for LG V10, downloaded but not installing
nicholas_g
Contributor - Level 3

How much storage space do you have open? If less than 8G free up space.

0 Likes
free_popcorn
Contributor - Level 1

I have over 43 GB available so not sure what else it could be. Tried again over WiFi and same result. I even enabled everything I initially disabled, tried again and nothing. Hate to perform a factory reset but it may come to that because 2 of the issues mentioned in the change log are issues I have been experiencing.

0 Likes
nicholas_g
Contributor - Level 3

How many GB free on your local storage.

0 Likes
free_popcorn
Contributor - Level 1

Local meaning internal, correct? If so, now 47+ GB (did a factory reset). Tried again after resetting the phone and the same thing. I tried updating the phone thru Verizon's Software Upgrade Assistant and under the status, it says the device is up to date? I confirmed the software is still under version 10B, should be 11B if truly up to date.

nicholas_g
Contributor - Level 3

I looked high and low and cannot find another report of this same issue which is incredibly frustrating. You might also want to post here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/verizon-lg-v10/help

free_popcorn
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks for looking into this, much appreciated! Yes, incredibly frustrating because the few reports I came across from Verizon V10 users who installed the update had no issue, and also reporting an improved fingerprint scanner. The whole ordeal took another frustrating turn Friday night after finally giving in and calling Verizon's tech support. I started off the call by saying, "I need a replacement device" and went on explaining all the steps I took and every step resulted in a failed update. After roughly 90 minutes or so, Verizon finally decided to send another device. The call included all the steps I already performed, a call to LG who directed us to Google who never answered. I am hoping the device I receive today is good to go and the update installs with no issue. I could just have a bad device because I have been complaining about the battery life since day one, but no one else seems to be having battery issues?

I did some research as well after seeing error code 402 under system updates and came across another old forum where S3 users were having the same problem and seeing the same error and from what I read, there was never a fix and phones were eventually replaced.

Normally, I would be okay with a refurbished phone as long as it works, but this phone is only a month old and who knows why the phone I will be receiving today was returned initially...not to mention, the set up on this phone is very time consuming. I have had several Samsung, HTC and Motorola devices previously and this phone takes the cake on amount of time to set up, lol. Irrelevant to the topic at hand, just a quick vent Smiley Happy

nicholas_g
Contributor - Level 3

Yeah, I wish Android had a similar method for backing up and restoring. The fact the iPhone does a 100% complete backup and you can restore to another device makes life so much easier.

free_popcorn
Contributor - Level 1

Agreed! Well I received the replacement and the update downloaded, and installed with no issue. Weird, guess I just had a bad device. I'm happy I decided to have it replaced because the improved fingerprint sensor definitely made it worth it. Thanks again for nicholas_g for you help Smiley Happy

0 Likes
nicholas_g
Contributor - Level 3

Glad its working but crappy the other one had those issues. Now you get to waste half the day setting everything up again. Joy for you Smiley Sad