Sony Xperia z3v mms issues
StephDakel

I purchased my Sony Xperia in December at full retail price. There are many features I enjoy on the device however I 'm extremely disappointed in the issues with text messages.

The first issue is group text messaging (MMS). Messages are ALWAYS delayed by 3-10 minutes, and whenever I try to respond the message rarely gets delivered to everyone in the group. This is brutal for me considering my group messages are work related (law enforcement), and my boss often relies on me to share information with the group. This has become such an issue these last several months, that colleagues of me usually can't depend on me for timely responses.

My next issue is the constant recieving of duplicate text messages. This is extremely aggravating. I turned off stamina mode moths ago, and initially that fixed the issue however as of the last month the duplicate text messages have resumed.

I've used the warranty to get a different phone, assuming the error was with my previous phone however I'm recieving the same issues. After doing research I've determined plenty of people have the same problems with the Z3V. I've given up and I seriously want to exchange this device for a more functional device. Possibly a Note or Galaxy.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Sony Xperia z3v mms issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

StephDakel,

Providing you with superior service is the number one priority here at Verizon Wireless. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your phone but we will work to get this resolved for you as we know this is frustrating. Are you able to send and receive regular picture mail with no delay? When it comes to the duplicate messages, do you notice a pattern at all? Are the messages coming from the same contact or is it completely at random. What is the software version on your current phone?

CandiceH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
StephDakel

Sending picture messages takes an extremely long time (3-5 min).

Duplicate messages aren't exclusive to any one contact. As of recently not

only am I sending duplicate messages, but I'm recieving duplicate messages

at an even higher pace. Just 2 days ago my significant other took a screen

shot of my text messages to her, and not only were their duplicate

messages, but several of the messages were out of sequence.

I'm seriously upset because I purchased this phone at full retail price.

Please explain exchange options for a different phone. My current Xperia is

in great condition, with no issues outside of mms and duplicate messages.

Please research this issue thoroughly before responding. There are plenty

of customers with these same complaints.

On Jul 15, 2015 12:13 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

StephDakel,

Thanks providing those additional details. We definitely understand that this would be frustrating and certainly want to do what we can to get this working for you as it should or see if we can determine what else may be going on here. Currently there are no known issues with duplicate messages being sent or received confirmed by the manufacturer. Reviewing are resources we have seen a few cases, but our technicians have not been able to reproduce the issue with several popular messaging applications. In some cases, duplicate messages would be a result of poor signal when the device attempts to send or receive a message. Do you know if this occurs in specific locations? When was the last time this occurred? Does it happen in the same locations?

In regards to replacing the device, if purchased at full retail cost the device would have a 1 year manufacturer's warranty which would allow us or the manufacturer to replace it with the same make and model device within the first year. However, if you are looking to get into a completely different device you may have the option to upgrade your line of service. You can check your upgrade date by dialing #UPG. As well, you would also have the option to purchase another device at full retail cost.

AdamG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
StephDakel

The problem still continues with this device. I've tried using different

text apps, but that doesn't fix the problem.

Please send me another device using my manufactures warranty.

On Jul 17, 2015 8:37 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the troubleshooting you've done so far, StephDakel. We're happy to support your manufacturer warranty. Our manufacturers do require a few additional steps to be completed to rule out applications or device software from being the cause of the issue. Restarting the phone in Safe Mode will allow us to see if anything downloaded to the device is interferring with messaging operation. Here's a helpful link with instructions. http://vz.to/1e9e9qa
LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes