System Update 9/22/18 - LG G6 stalled
JBA3
Enthusiast - Level 2

LG G6. During system update that rolled out this morning, my phone got hung up. It's stuck on a screen showing the Verizon logo and 4 sequencing dots. Advice?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: System Update 9/22/18 - LG G6 stalled
JBA3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Called Verizon. They counselled to do a simulated battery removal (Power button + volume down). That rebooted it successfully and then it completed the update - so all is good now.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

are you using wi-fi??

0 Likes
JBA3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes. It's on wi-fi and was plugged in. I've unplugged it now so but the battery charge should still be high.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

re-boot & re-try

0 Likes
JBA3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, I thought that might be necessary. Unfortunately it's not responsive to the power button.

0 Likes
JBA3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Called Verizon. They counselled to do a simulated battery removal (Power button + volume down). That rebooted it successfully and then it completed the update - so all is good now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JBA3,

I'm happy to hear you were able to reach our customer support team by phone and everything is resolved now. We're always here to help resolve any concerns you have. Do you have any additional questions or concerns I can assist you with?

Juan_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes