Tethering
migoblu

I would like to tether my Galaxy 10.1 WIFI only tablet, a WINXP notebook, and a WIN7 notebook (but not at the same time) to my Verizon HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE phone, by using PdaNet Tablet on my Tablet and either PdaNet 3.50 or FoxFi on the notebooks. I would like to use Bluetooth to perform the tether. Will Verizon charge me a tethering fee? I have the Verizon "SHARE EVERY UNL TLK&TXT 2GB" plan, does this plan allow for no charge tethering?

Thanks for any help.

J

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Tethering
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Share Everything plans include hotspot.  Keep in mind that it pulls from your 2 GB data plan, so a tablet and two notebooks along with your phone will chew through that 2 GB in no time, depending on your usage habits.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Migoblu, no need to use third party apps to tether. As tikibar stated, the Share Everything plan includes tethering/hotspot with no additional monthly fee. It does use your data plan allowance, so you'll need to check your usage often. To use the hotspot, look thru your applications to find Mobile Hotspot and you can use all of your devices at the same time.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
borego

I used to bluetooth tether all the time - it's amazing for travel. I haven't been able to do it since the latest system upgrade. Is this a change in policy, or a bug?

Device: Motorola DROID RAZR

Error: "Your order did not process successfully. Please contact customer service at one of the following numbers..."

0 Likes
Not applicable

If you have unlimited data, you can pay $20 for 2GB or $30 for unlimited tethering.  If you have the Share Everything plan, tethering is included for no additional fee.  If you have a tiered data plan, you can pay $20 for 2GB or use a 3rd party app if you can find one that works.  Most no longer work with Jelly Bean.

0 Likes
borego

Ugh. Disgusting. I have tiered (4GB), as the Share Everything plan didn't even exist when I signed up. Looks like I won't be coming back to Verizon once my contract expires in a few months. Why would they do this?

Thanks for the info!

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator to comply with ToS

0 Likes
Not applicable

You can switch to Share Everything at any time.  It's always been this way.  People have been stealing hotspot from Verizon.  They put a stop to it.

0 Likes
Pienbee

How do I confirm that Bluetooth tethering won't add an additional fee to my Verizon account?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Excellent question! We will be glad to help address any concerns you have regarding using Bluetooth Tethering. To confirm, how exactly are you trying to use this service with your phone?DavidR_VZW

0 Likes