Texted pictures
needlepointer89
Enthusiast - Level 2

After I view pictures that are sent to me by text on my android, they disappear. I recently got a replacement phone and this didn't happen with the original phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Texted pictures
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Needlepointer89, I would also be concerned if my picture messages would disappear after opening the message. When did this start? Are you using a third party messaging app or the standard messaging app on the phone? What make and model phone are you using?

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
YankeejeepOC
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been going through all these threads and there seems to be no resolution to this problem.  I have Moto Z2 Play and my pictures also disappear from Message+.  It's a brand new phone, just bought it last month, and it happens to all photos from different users.  I have ran all the updates.  Do you guys know why it is doing this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

YankeejeepOC-

Hmm, that is definitely odd and super frustrating. I'd like to gather a few more details. Has this always happened since you received your new phone? If not, when did your photos begin disappearing? How quickly are the photos disappearing after you receive them?

AmberK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
needlepointer89
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I called Verizon, they told me to install Tech Coach and then I was deleting some things and installing some things (unfortunately I don't remember what) but the woman at Verizon was great and it worked! I don't lose the pictures that are sent by text.

Sherri

|

0 Likes
YankeejeepOC
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, it's been happening since I got the phone (I've had it a month now).  Photos disappear after about three days.  However, last week I uninstalled and reinstalled Message+ app, and I'm thinking that has fixed the issue.  So far, pictures I received last Thursday are still there.  And they now show up on the Photos & Video tab as well.  Hoping this is fixed!

0 Likes
needlepointer89
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's one of the things that I uninstalled and re-installed - Messenger+.So far so good Smiley Happy

Sherri

|

YankeejeepOC
Enthusiast - Level 2

UPDATE: App deleted photos AND text messages on its own last night. It's not a message limit issue because I had less than 20 messages. I'm sorry to say, but I'm done with this app. It does have cool features, but that was the last straw for me. I'm not going to do a factory reset on a brand new phone; this app needs fixing!! Hope you had better luck than me.

0 Likes
needlepointer89
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thankfully, my pictures are still there. It never deleted the text messages. Have you talked to Verizon to resolve it? Although the phone I'm using is a replacement because I dropped mine (first time since I've been using cell phones) and the glass broke. Lately my Cloud didn't back up all of my contacts and I've had to re-enter them. Not happy about that.

Call Verizon - they were a great help to me with the pictures and good luck!!

Sherri

0 Likes