Unable to download or save photograph attachments on Droid
Bob811

Hello, I am unable to save photographs on my Droid that are attached to incoming company emails (exception: this problem does not occur on those sent to my gmail account, which do work).  Although I am able to receive and view the photo on the device, when I try to save it to my downloads folder, the file is not saved.  Other attachments, like pdf's, do save and the device gives a positive indication that the file has been saved; this does not happen for photographs.  The problem occurs on other Droids on the Verizon network, but not on those connected to other networks.  I have confirmed (by connecting to my computer and browsing all folders) that the photographs are nowhere to be found on the Droid device.  The problem is not with the email server as others are able to retrieve the email and attachment and save the same on other devices, except Droids on the Verizon network. I have had this troubleshot in the store (Droid on Verizon - same problem) and through the mail host (Droid on other service - no problem).  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unable to download or save photograph attachments on Droid
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bob811,

Photos are important and getting them backed up where you need them is even more important. When attempting to store them to your device, do you get an error message? Is there any encryption on your company email?

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Bob811

Hi Sandy,

There is no error message and no encryption. Verizon Technical Services just had me change to a different email program/app (K-9 Email) which works. Apparently, there is a software glitch with the native email app. With K-9, all appears good. Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bob811

That is wonderful to hear. Certainly our main concern is that your services are working as expected. I appreciate you follow up with me. Keep us posted should you have any other questions/concerns we can assist with.

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes