Unlocked V60 ThinQ (unlocked, formerly AT&T)
ryanawilkes
  • My new LG V60 ThinQ is unlocked, but since I did not buy it through Verizon (I got it unlocked through amazon), My 5G Verizon sim card only works partially (aka no sending or receiving texts or calls). When I typed in the IMEI of the new phone into the Verizon website to check comparability, it said it wasn't. I know of others having this issue and being able to fix it by bringing the phone to a Verizon store and having them add that phone's IMEI to their network. Was wondering if that is still an option, and if so, will my current 5G sim card eventually work correctly when done?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unlocked V60 ThinQ (unlocked, formerly AT&T)
Doggo
Contributor - Level 3

Unlocked doesn't mean it will work with any carrier. The tech inside also needs to be compatible with the carrier you wish to use it through. General rule of thumb is look for phones that specifically say Verizon compatible. 

When I did a Google search of "unlocked V60 Amazon", the listing says unlocked, but the description said carrier AT&T. Did not see Verizon listed on that particular page. By contrast, my unlocked Samsung also from Amazon listed Verizon compatible.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ryanawilkes, thank you for reaching out to us. Making sure your new device is compatible to work on our Network is important. Allow us the opportunity to further review the details. May we have the device's IMEI number? Also, may we have the exact Model number of your device?    -Sylvia

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

DO. NOT. POST your IMEI number on this public forum. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a great rule of thumb, Duggo. Ther is a surefire way to check out a device to make sure that the device in question will be compatible with our system and network.

Please refer to this page. Please click http://spr.ly/6608y2VSA .

You will not go wrong with checking here first. 

-Roni

0 Likes