V10 Nougat
FiremanB72

When is Nougat coming to the V10?

For the amount of money we have to pay for these phones and service, we should be able to get accurate information on the status of updates.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: V10 Nougat
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The manufacturer of the device is the one responsible for deciding if the device will receive the update.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The manufacturer of the device is the one responsible for deciding if the device will receive the update.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Cts82

T-mobile v10 owners have Nougat already so wouldn't that in turn mean that it is Verizon that isn't releasing the update? 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That just means that T-Mobile had their carrier specific update finished by LG sooner than any other update still in the development process. The other carrier updates are likely still being worked on.

0 Likes
Cts82

Ah ok..gotcha. 10-4

0 Likes
joshcali

LG has already released the nougat update.

VERIZON is the one responsible for doing their own customizations and releasing 7.0 on their devices.

at this point it's VERIZON who hasn't finished their work, not LG.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless doesn't touch the code for the updates. You are still waiting for LG.

0 Likes
complinitor
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's why t mobile already had their update?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have already addressed your question in an earlier post in this same thread.

0 Likes
raspann
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello. The source code for VS99030A (Adroid 7 Nougat for LG V10) is posted at the LG open source site since September. That means it should be released to us soon. Yes, we can compile the package ourselves, but then will not be able to install because Verizon locks their boot loader.

0 Likes