Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
VZW S/W Upgrade Assistant not restoring backup (LG V10)
Eviltwin0814

Help! Just now I had my LG V10 connected to a MacBook Air and go through repair assistant via VZW Software Upgrade Assistant, but my files never got restored to my phone.

I selected the backup option for all my files, and the software took some time to back up (about 1hr) before it reset the phone. The phone was successfully reset to its factory mode (cleared all data), and the software noted on its status that it was restoring data back into the phone. However none the files made their way back to the V10. I would love to have my pictures back, at the least - please advise...!

Here are the specs of the two devices:

MacBook Air. OSX El Capitan 10.11

LG V10. Android ver. 6.0.  S/S ver. VS99022A

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: VZW S/W Upgrade Assistant not restoring backup (LG V10)
sprmankalel
Champion

I didn't think that you could use the Software Upgrade Assistant (or whatever it is called) with Mac. I have never been able to.

0 Likes
Re: VZW S/W Upgrade Assistant not restoring backup (LG V10)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Eviltwin0814, Let's get those pictures back to your phone. To better understand the situation, why were you needing to use the Software Upgrade Assistant? Have you backed up your phone with the Verizon Cloud? http://spr.ly/6588BQBZp Were you given any restore options as your phone was being reactivated?

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes