VZW software upgrade assitant LG repair failed
lagerman38

Hi everyone,

Like many of you, my G6 kept failing when trying to do the recent OTA update. So after a little searching, I tried the option of using the software upgrade assistant. Now I have a boat load of apps I do not want and cannot remove but also, my backup will not restore. I think I know what happened. When the phone rebooted, I should have left it alone and then the app on my PC should have finished.  I tried running the upgrade again and now it fails and I am not sure how to get my back up to my phone?

Anyone have any suggestions??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: VZW software upgrade assitant LG repair failed
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand your concern about your G6 not being to perform the OTA Software Update and using the Software Upgrade Assistant to fix the problem. Allow us to gather more information to be on the same page, where did you download the Software Upgrade Assistant from? What are some of the apps that you can't delete?

VictorC_VZW

0 Likes
Re: VZW software upgrade assitant LG repair failed
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

We understand your concern about your G6 not being to perform the OTA Software Update and using the Software Upgrade Assistant to fix the problem. Allow us to gather more information to be on the same page, where did you download the Software Upgrade Assistant from? What are some of the apps that you can't delete?

VictorC_VZW

You might look at the following thread regarding the KNOWN ISSUE regarding this LG Software Update.  Appears some of you VZW Agents have gotten the word but not all:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/LG/LG-G6-Software-Update-Won-t-Complete/m-p/1186314#M9032

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes