Vehicle Will Not Receive Text Message+ After Update to OREO 8.0.0
FMNET

After update to Oreo 8.0.0 on June 15,2018 my car will NOT receive text message from Verizon Message+. 

Here's what's happening:

• Deleted and "paired" phone with car (Ford Sync system - newest available version)
  • Message+ (v6.6.6 - latest available) set to Drive Mode
  • Vehicle shows connected to phone
  • Phone shows connected to vehicle and "Driving Mode"
  • Vehicle does not receive text message notification
  • Text message sender receives "Driving Mode Auto-Reply" message

Everything worked perfectly before upgrade to Oreo 8.0.0

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Vehicle Will Not Receive Text Message+ After Update to OREO 8.0.0
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

FMNET, I would be just as concerned with my phone and car not syncing together as seamlessly through Bluetooth like before. We are here to help out. What make and model phone and car do you use and drive?

Sometimes what happens with major OS updates; the new OS also includes updated Bluetooth drivers/stacks, which provides your phone a newer version of Bluetooth (with newly updated features and security) versus what is installed in your vehicle. You may also want to check in  with your car's manufacturer to see if there is an updated Bluetooth update available for your car audio system, or stereo head unit. 

Have you tried uninstalling the Message+ app update as well? This can be done by going to Settings > App or App Manager > Choose Verizon Messages+ > Press the three vertical dot/menu key in the upper right hand corner > the option to Uninstall Updates should be there. That may help make a difference too.

Nicandro_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
FMNET

Thanks for your response.

However, I have previously tried all those steps and they have all been unsuccessful. There is no Uninstall option.

Additionally, the LED notification light for email does not work.  And, LED light for Message+ is only blue, no longer changeanle.  LEDs for other features seem to be OK, but may have other issues I have not discovered.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how convenient it can be to customize the LED to the way you like it. At this time with the most recent software update, that function is no longer available. My recommendation would be checking out the forums that Samsung runs to stay up to date with all of the latest and greatest information, as well as seeing if a third party application can perform the same function for you. Although it is not from the manufacturer, I can see that this is very important to you, so an application can fit your need. http://spr.ly/6587DmuJ3

As for the device not syncing to your car, I would recommend getting in contact the dealership to see if there needs to be an update. What is the make and model of your device?

Jennifer_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes