Verizon Location Agent?!
ShadowWolfieX

Firstly, I would like to point out that I haven't installed anything new in the past WEEK and as far as I know have done everything I can to make this message stop from continuously popping up on screen...

"Verizon Location Service Agent is sending a large amount of SMS messages. Do you want to allow this app to continue sending messages?"

This message has been popping up and I have to choose "Deny" or "Allow" to move on with what I am doing to begin with.

Does anybody know how to get rid of this? I have already done the turning off my gps, location settings and I refuse to turn off my WiFi because I don't have much of a data plan as the idea was, well, to use the WiFi! The message is consistently popping up when the phone is left alone, or worse, when I am in the middle of something like a game or a video on youtube. The message is so frequent that now I cannot even reply to my text messages anymore and what's more it can't have chosen worse times to pop up like this! When I receive phone calls, don't expect me to answer because I have to hit the "Deny" button about 30 times before it finally disappears and by then the call has ended! This is horrible in my case as sometimes the numbers aren't any I recognize and I am in between jobs waiting on call backs from many places so I would very much like to be able to answer them!!! This is a brand new phone, I have only had this phone for a couple days past a month exactly.

I just recently returned to Verizon after a year of inactivity and if this is a common problem I think I can do without a verizon phone again and just use a home phone.

The phone is the Kyocera Hydro Elite

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Location Agent?!
Android_Optimizer
Contributor - Level 2

Are you sure it says its "Verizon Location Service Agent" and not just "Verizon Location Agent". Its also strange that its telling you that is sending "SMS messages" Verizon Location Agent is a legitimate app/service, but the "service agent" I don't know about. ShadowWolfieX I don't know about the about the Kyocera Hydro Elite phone you have, and what features you do, or don't have with that phone and its OS, but here are a couple of things I recommend:

There is a Verizon app called VZ Protect (also know as Verizon Support and Protect) that guards against viruses and malware. I recommend installing that from the Google app store, and scan your system to make sure it isn't a virus or malware pretending to be a Verizon feature.

You said you turned off your location and gps settings, but in your locations area in settings do you have a Mode area, and if so what do you have it set to there? Usually options are something like: high accuracy, battery saving, and device only. You may want to try with device only selected if that is an option.

If it really is the Verizon Location Agent. You should be able to stop and disable the service/app by going into App Manager -> and swipe over to running or all, select Verizon Location Agent. If you're in Running you can only stop the services, but if you go to All you should have both a Force Stop, and a Disable option. Try setting it to disabled, and see if you have any problems with any of your apps, mobile data connection, or phone calls after. If you don't have any issues after you've disabled it then you can probably leave it that way.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ShadowWolfieX, thanks for all of these details. Let's take a closer look at the applications downloaded to your device. Tap Settings>Apps>Tap Downloaded. You will be provided with a list of applications that have been downloaded to your phone. We recommend that you uninstall any unwanted applications on your phone and power it off/on to soft reset it. Keep us posted and let us know if you continue to receive this error message.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jake1337
Enthusiast - Level 1

Im having the same problem, it is terrible and maddening, i want it fixed or gone preferably gone!  Hydro,

0 Likes
Android_Optimizer
Contributor - Level 2

Are you sure it says its "Verizon Location Service Agent" and not just "Verizon Location Agent". Its also strange that its telling you that is sending "SMS messages" Verizon Location Agent is a legitimate app/service, but the "service agent" I don't know about. ShadowWolfieX I don't know about the about the Kyocera Hydro Elite phone you have, and what features you do, or don't have with that phone and its OS, but here are a couple of things I recommend:

There is a Verizon app called VZ Protect (also know as Verizon Support and Protect) that guards against viruses and malware. I recommend installing that from the Google app store, and scan your system to make sure it isn't a virus or malware pretending to be a Verizon feature.

You said you turned off your location and gps settings, but in your locations area in settings do you have a Mode area, and if so what do you have it set to there? Usually options are something like: high accuracy, battery saving, and device only. You may want to try with device only selected if that is an option.

If it really is the Verizon Location Agent. You should be able to stop and disable the service/app by going into App Manager -> and swipe over to running or all, select Verizon Location Agent. If you're in Running you can only stop the services, but if you go to All you should have both a Force Stop, and a Disable option. Try setting it to disabled, and see if you have any problems with any of your apps, mobile data connection, or phone calls after. If you don't have any issues after you've disabled it then you can probably leave it that way.

0 Likes
daveandvikky
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the exact same problem, and it is horribly annoying.  And, it is in fact "Verizon Location Agent".  I have only had this phone for about 30 days.  Because of this problem, I am now missing important calls.  This is completely unacceptable, particularly considering what we PAY Verizon for these services.  Right now, this phone and the Verizon service is completely useless to me.  I need this to be fixed by Verizon immediately, not a work-around suggestion involving turning off services that I pay for......!!

jake1337
Enthusiast - Level 1

It wont stop its verizon location agent, sending a large number of sms messages deny or allow,,,,,no matter which option i choose it just keeps poppin up repeatedly ,,over 100 times in the time it took me to log in here, killing the app doesnt help it just starts back up disable is greyed out i cant uninstall..?? Im very unhappy << profanity removed >>, ,,,,,why can nothing be done????? I pay alot of $$ for this garbage

0 Likes
kldupree
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the exact same problem. I've had this phone (Hydro Elite) since the end of May. It started about 3 days after getting the phone. I've talked to about 50 people with Verizon either on phone or in person at Verizon stores and NOBODY has been able to get rid of it. About 3 weeks ago after being on the phone in the store with a technical support person for 1 1/2 hrs they offered to send me another phone....just like this one! They sent it, I had it activated and within 30 minutes it started again. I talked to another technical support person afterwards who told me she thought it was spam. She had me send a screenshot of the message to a text number. Thought that got rid of it but boy was I wrong. While she and I were on the phone, she told me my phone was trying to send out 500 messages within a 3 minute time period!!! I type fast but not anywhere near that fast!! Again today I called Verizon because it kept showing up. Some smart butt technical support supervisor told me to go to the Playstore and download an update for Verizon Location Agent and that would correct the problem. Well, guess what.....there is no such thing that I can find! I've had it with Verizon. I have 4 phones and two tablets on this service and pay about $250 a month but I'm about to cut them all off and find somebody else to get service through. And I can promise you I will not pay another dime to Verizon no matter how much they bill me!! I've asked for Verizon to send me another phone, a different type altogether but they refuse. Well now I'm refusing. I will not pay another dime until this is straightened out!!!!!

0 Likes
kldupree
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having this same problem. This is not an app that can be uninstalled and it isn't one that I installed myself. I've been on the phone with countless Verizon people and nobody knows what this is. I've also been in the Verizon stores with the same response. Even had one technical support person send me another phone (same kind though) and within 30 minutes of activating the problem started again! This is very aggravating and annoying!!! Had another technical support supervisor tell me today to go to PlayStore and update the app. There is no such thing to do!! Trying once more to talk to somebody to get this taken care of. My next step is cutting off 4 phone lines and two tablets and not paying Verizon another dime.

0 Likes
jake1337
Enthusiast - Level 1

>> Post removed; discussion of rooting/hacking devices is prohibited on this forum.  Please review the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kldupree,

Lets get those pop up messages to stop! Please give this a try and keep us posted:

1. Access Google Playstore
2. In the top left corner, Select Menu Icon
3. Select My Apps
4. Tab over to All
5. Scroll through list of application in this menu until Verizon location Agent is on the screen
6. Update if available or screenshot the application showing installed

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport