Verizon Upgrade assistant stopped and locked phone
hhwhit
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon Upgrade assistant stopped mid way when updating turbo 2 with 24.14.12.

Now phone is locked and repair assistant stops at step 22. Message is 'there was an error repairing your device, disconnect connect and try again'.

I've tried 10 times and it always stops at step 22.

Any suggestions how to recover it?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Upgrade assistant stopped and locked phone
hhwhit
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did that, they couldn't help.  I had them ship me a new phone and it's loading up now.

Thanks, Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Bmm1983

I'd take it to a retail location.  They may be able to bypass the lockout locally. 

On a side note,  I did the update yesterday and a few of my passwords to access apps were scrambled because of the update.  Just an FYI..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We have the right key to unlock your phone, hhwhit. Let’s get some more details first. Can you please describe what you are seeing when you disconnect your device? Are there any functions you are able to perform when it is not connected to the repair assistant? What is your device make/model? Keep us posted.

AnthonyC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
hhwhit
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did that, they couldn't help.  I had them ship me a new phone and it's loading up now.

Thanks, Regards,

0 Likes