Visual Voice Mail error message
Judy449

I frequently get the error message, "We can't connect to Visual Voice Mail...contact Customer Support."

I don't have Visual Voice Mail and would prefer not to keep getting these messages. It's rather annoying.

I have regular voice mail. All I want is to get notifications that I have voice mail - which I'm not currently getting.

Suggestions?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Visual Voice Mail error message
MikeyWade
Contributor - Level 3

What type of device do you have?  I only ask because Verizon recently changed voicemail platforms for some of their devices, so you may have been switched to visual voicemail.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Unwanted alerts can be overwhelming and I'm here to help. Let's look into this, I will be sending you a Private Message momentarily.

AyaniB  _VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
FREDS9

I have a Motorola Droid Mini. I also want to eliminate that annoying notification: Sorry, cannot connect to your visual voicemail....

0 Likes
highlandstarr

I also have this very annoying error message, often coming up several times in the middle of the night, waking me up! I have a Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge. I do not want Visual Voice mail Basic or otherwise, or be forced to keep Mobile Data on just to keep these intrusive error messages from happening. Verizon, just tell me how to stop these errors and go back to simple notifications of when I have a VM (which doesn't even work properly now with this useless Basic Visual Voice mail)!

0 Likes
highlandstarr

Verizon, How about you tell the rest of us how to fix this? Answering this question privately doesn't help the many of us with this problem.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you don't want to use a visual voicemail, have you considered blocking it on your line through your MyVerizon account online?

Screenshot_20160721-225503.png

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes