Voicemail and Verizon Automated Support #'s Wont Recognize Touch Tones
JPH1241
Enthusiast - Level 2

I purchased an international package for a cruise – it uses cellular at sea on the cruise ship – I can dial out and receive calls on my Droid RZR but I can not access my voice mail.   When I call my number I get the automated system asking for my password, which I enter but it apparently can’t hear or recognize the DTMF tones.   Same with Verizon International’s support number (it does not hear any of the numbers I press so it hangs up on me!)   After two hours live chat, they finally called me and put me on the phone with a helpful tech support person.   They said they do something on their end, and I should power down, wait, and retry later.   Still does not work – have changed the DTMF to long, still not working. 

How can I call tech support if their automated setup does not recognize the touch tones?  The automated setup can't hear my touch tones and hangs up on me!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Voicemail and Verizon Automated Support #'s Wont Recognize Touch Tones
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JPH1241,
I can relate to how important it is for you to be able to keep in touch, and hear your messages so far from home. Let’s look into this so that you can enjoy your cruise.
You want to keep your DTMF tones on short or normal. I recommend switching them back. Here are the steps: http://vz.to/1Nd5Jw3. One you’ve switched it back test it out. What happens?

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Voicemail and Verizon Automated Support #'s Wont Recognize Touch Tones
JPH1241
Enthusiast - Level 2

did not work...

0 Likes