WIFI trouble conncting
maureeng

Having trouble getting wifi to connect and sometimes stay connected since last samsung update?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: WIFI trouble conncting
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model do you have? Which update? Is it all Wi-Fi connections or just one?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AMCas
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm having the same problem since the latest security update this week on the samsung s7 edge

0 Likes
AMCas
Enthusiast - Level 3

And it's specifically the guest wifi at work. My co-workers are connected just fine. None have a samsung or verizon wireless.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's certainly not an expected side effect of the update, AMCas. I know how important it is to connect to WiFi to conserve your data and I'm sure we'll get you connecting again. Can you please fill me in a bit more on what exactly happens when you are trying to connect to your guest WiFi at work? Have you been able to successfully connect to other WiFi hotspots since the update?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
AMCas
Enthusiast - Level 3

I connect fine at home. It tries to connect to guest wifi and cannot. I made sure to check with my co-workers first. They're all connected.

0 Likes
AMCas
Enthusiast - Level 3

And I've turned off the phone, forgotten the connection and re connected. Most of the basic fixes.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AMCas, we know how important it is to have access to Wi-Fi, especially while you're at work all day. We're glad to hear that you're not having any trouble connecting at home. That tells us the device is not experiencing an issue. Now that we have this narrowed down to just one network in particular, can you tell us exactly what happens when you try to connect? Also, have you spoken with the IT department at your work to see if this is an issue that they would be able to address internally?

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
AMCas
Enthusiast - Level 3

So, I now see that the problem is guest wifi since the security update.  I'm having problems with the guest wifi at church.  Same problem as the work guest wifi.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We see. May we ask if you get an error message of any sort? KleoL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes