WIll not connect to PC or HTC Sync after Marshmallow update
Teacup10

The first time I connected my HTC One to my PC since the Marshmallow update it is not recognized.   Tried a different USB cable, reloading the HTC Sync software and a different computer.  All to no avail.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: WIll not connect to PC or HTC Sync after Marshmallow update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Teacup10,

Thanks for all those details. Let's keep working on this. When plugging the device into your PC are you receiving any error message from the device or PC? Does the device even show that it would be charging once connected? Is the device currently backed up? At times it may be necessary to reset the device to factory defaults prior to or after a software update, but before taking that step we'll want to ensure your phone is backed up. See how to back up using the Verizon Cloud here http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-78396/.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Teacup10, getting you connected is a top priority. We know that this connection is important. Let's get to the bottom of this. What software do you have on the computers? After the Marshmallow update, what steps have you tried on the phone to get this connected?
LorenB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Teacup10

I have tried connecting to 3 different PCs, 2 of which previously connected without issue.  Running Windows 8.1.  Restarted phone and PC.  Reloaded HTC Sync Manager.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Teacup10,

Thanks for all those details. Let's keep working on this. When plugging the device into your PC are you receiving any error message from the device or PC? Does the device even show that it would be charging once connected? Is the device currently backed up? At times it may be necessary to reset the device to factory defaults prior to or after a software update, but before taking that step we'll want to ensure your phone is backed up. See how to back up using the Verizon Cloud here http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-78396/.

AdamG_VZW

0 Likes
Teacup10

Issue corrected.

[removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

0 Likes