What Happens to Phones?
bulldogs72

Over a year ago I traded in an old samsung galaxy phone for credit toward a new iphone.  The verizon store I went to initially did not want to take it as it had too many scuff marks.  They decided to provide me with some credit toward the new iphone.  I am pretty sure that we transferred contacts in store but I'm not sure if she factory reset my phone before taking it into the back of the store.  This is what concerns me.  What happens to an old traded in phone?  Do they fix it up and resell it?  And if so, how can i be sure that someone else is not getting my information when they get a refurbished phone?  Furthermore, from what I have read is that its pretty easy for a hacker with the know-how to retrieve previous information from a used hard drive even after a factory reset--does verizon take any steps to prevent this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What Happens to Phones?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bulldogs72, Let's get the answers that you need about your returned device. We can understand wanting to secure your information. I can assure you that when we receive the phones, we do perform a factory reset. This would erase your content. Does this address your concerns? Here is more information about our Trade-in Program. http://spr.ly/65868cUjs Is there anything else that we can help with?

JoelR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

If you have the IMEI# you can check and see if it is still good. There should be on an old bill for the phone if it was with verizon go on line and check your bill on there. On the page it should have something like devices and your old phones imei number should be there

Check ESN / IMEI Free for T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, AT&T, Tracfone, Straight Talk, Blacklist! | Che...

Check IMEI number / ESN - free checker IMEIpro.info

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bulldogs72, Let's get the answers that you need about your returned device. We can understand wanting to secure your information. I can assure you that when we receive the phones, we do perform a factory reset. This would erase your content. Does this address your concerns? Here is more information about our Trade-in Program. http://spr.ly/65868cUjs Is there anything else that we can help with?

JoelR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes