What can be done when my number is being used in a caller ID spoofing scam
Keeper6234
Enthusiast - Level 2

Lately I will get a call or a text from someone I have never called saying please stop calling me. It is not me making the calls. What can be done when  my number is being used in a caller ID spoofing scam that I donot see on my phone? Changing my number is not the answer. I have had it to long. 

0 Likes
Re: What can be done when my number is being used in a caller ID spoofing scam
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
momtbull

This link seems to only tell you what to do when someone calls you through a spoofed number.  How do you prevent people from using your number to spoof others?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

What you are experiencing is called Caller ID Spoofing. This is a technique that allows a caller to change the call information associated with a number. Spoofing is not caused by an error in the network or your phone. Spoofing usually happens when the calling party uses a paid service which allows them to change the message sent as Caller ID. The FCC has gotten involved and has recommended customers file a complaint. I have included a link where the complaint can be filed. http://spr.ly/6187DdAMz Does this information help? Another solution would be to change your phone number. I understand to some people keeping your phone number is very important if that's the case for you I would recommend filing the complaint instead.

RogerZ_VZW

0 Likes