I got a software update on my phone this morning and there is no mention of it on Verizon's website for the LG G5 updates. The website shows the latest update as VS9872CA which I got on 1/5/18, but this morning my phone updated its software to VS9872DA. I would like to know what this update consists of. What changes did it make, security patch, software changes, added or removed features?
Also, I believe the last update had the following, but when I followed the directions, I couldn't find AppFlash:
AppFlash connects users to apps and instantly allows users to try an app before installing it. No download required.
- To enable and use AppFlash:
- Press and hold an empty space on your Home screen
- Tap Settings in the bottom right corner
- Tap Swipe Access
- Tap AppFlash
- After enabling AppFlash it is conveniently located on the side screen. Simply swipe right and you're ready to go.
You can find AppFlash controls in Home screen Settings under "Layout". Tap Left Home screen for more.
The software update page might not have been updated quite yet. LG G5 Software Update | Verizon Wireless
I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.
Dbrstwrt1, If your phone has had the CA update:
1) Press and hold on a blank part of your home screen
2) Tap on Home Screen Settings in the lower right of the screen
3) Go down to Layout and tap on Left Home Screen
4) Choose option of AppFlash, Smart Bulletin or None
Ann154, Thanks for the reply. I noticed the same, the site hasn't been updated, that's why I asked the question. I was hoping for Verizon Support to chime in and answer.
Ann154... Thanks. I just figured out why I couldn't locate 'Layout'. I have Nova Launcher. I had to switch back to the stock Home launcher.