Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
What is the latest firmware upgrade changing?
tomengelke
Enthusiast

My M9 is currently performing a firmware/software update. Appears to be fairly big update. Anyone know what it is for?

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: what is the latest firmware upgrade changing?
Snn5
Legend

There are several phones using Android that are updating security patches right now.

View solution in original post

Kreegan1680
Enthusiast

Mine did the same thing last night.  It was over 610 Mbs.  Thought it was Marshmallow, but it is not.  After the update I didn't even get a changelog notice.  Would REALLY love to know what this was!

robmcg

The description says it cintains an update to NFL Mobile and "Android security patches". I don't even want NFL Mobile and can't get rid of it. Don't know why they're updating it.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

There are several phones using Android that are updating security patches right now.