When Will Brigadier Upgrade Problem Be Addressed?
OriginalOreo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I received a error notice that my Brigadier had attempted to download the most recently released Android OS from VW. I tried to re-initiate the download by checking for phone upgrades. The message returned that the phone was up to date.  I called to confirmed with customer service that I should have receive the upgrade in the first place, which they did. They directed me to try downloading the software upgrade assistant and upload that way. The assistant would not recognize my phone.  After trying several times unsuccessfully, I was told to perform a factory reset and try again.  Now the assistant recognizes my phone, but still stated that the software is up to date. They then directed me to use the repair function of the software upgrade assistant. I tried again after that and the assistant still states the software is up to date.  I tried the chat thing and after I walked him through my actions he didn't have any suggestions and said he would get back to me via phone or email. Now after seeing the myriad of complaints about system glitches, battery drain, overheating, etc..I'm afraid to accept the upgrade if and when my phone recognizes it's not up to date.  All that said, VZW Customer Service....when can I expect at least an estimate when the problems will be addressed?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When Will Brigadier Upgrade Problem Be Addressed?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

OriginalOreo,

We know that this is a big concern for you and we want to work with you on getting this fixed. Updates are needed to help the performance of your phone. However, we have not recieved any updates on the release as of yet, but we have sent in the information to the manufacturer for review. Once we are notified we will make sure to update all of our customers about it. We thank you for your patience during this time. Have a wonderful evening!
JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely don't want you to experience any issues with software updates Dave. I understand that you have not been able to upgrade your software. Are you currently experiencing any service issuses? If you are, please share details and we'll be happy to provide troubleshooting options for you. Also provide your phone's current software version please. http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-106408/

AntonioC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
OriginalOreo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm not experiencing any service problems, but it's pretty frustrating having to go through as many steps to correct as I have without success. My phone is currently running 4.4.2, 1.723VZ

0 Likes
DTHG
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also performed a factory reset after first being notified of the Android 5.1 update for my Kyocera Brigadier and now my phone keeps telling me the software is uptodate even though it's still running Android 4.4.2 1.723VZ. So if anyone figures out a fix or if the update has been called because so many people were having problems I would love to know about it.

PS I'm also not having any network issues and my phone isn't roaming

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm glad to see that you are not experiencing any service issues Dave. While my resources do not indicate this to be a known issue, I have escalated to our software team for review. Be assured that they will look further, and will even contact the manufacturer if necessary to get this issue resolved. I do not have an estimated time for resolution, but I'm confident that you will be able to complete the update soon. Have a fabulous day!

AntonioC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
trime
Enthusiast - Level 2

This issue was first reported back on 11/5/2015

Kyocera brigadier firmware download issue

I also contacted Kyocera back on 11/6. They indicated that they had received reports from other users with similar problems and they are "working on delivering a fix for this as soon as possible."

Can Verizon and Kyocera get this figured out and let people know the status?

OriginalOreo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Still waiting on at least an estimate coming from VZW regarding the problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

OriginalOreo,

We know that this is a big concern for you and we want to work with you on getting this fixed. Updates are needed to help the performance of your phone. However, we have not recieved any updates on the release as of yet, but we have sent in the information to the manufacturer for review. Once we are notified we will make sure to update all of our customers about it. We thank you for your patience during this time. Have a wonderful evening!
JasperM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
OriginalOreo
Enthusiast - Level 1

VZW Customer Service,

I understand Verizon recently released the upgrade to Lollipop last month, but given the number of problems associated with it that I've seen listed by Verizon customers I expected more urgency. I haven't asked for a firm date, I asked for an estimate. A month and counting and not even a guestimate??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@OriginalOreo

I understand your concerns with the software issue.  I wish I could provide you a timeline, but unfortunately I don’t have one to provide.  However, you can stay informed on upcoming updates by periodically visiting here: http://vz.to/1lT2hMm.

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes