Why are my calls muffled on LG V30?
flip834
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got the LG V30 yesterday. I had my first phone call today. The person I was talking to said that I sounded muffled at times. There were a few times they couldn’t hear me. I have no case or screen protector on the phone. I am curious if anyone else is experiencing this? Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG V30 Call problems
flip834
Enthusiast - Level 2

I checked the phone today and it appears that I was covering the microphone.  Thanks for the assistance.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you verified you weren't blocking the microphone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
flip834
Enthusiast - Level 2

I held the phone like any other phone. I am not sure where the microphone is located on the phone. That may have been it but not sure. I also made a call via bluetooth in my car and experienced the same problem for a short amount of time.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Right, your manual is here:

file:///C:/Users/Sam/Downloads/LG-VS996_VZW_UG_Web_EN_V1.0_170911%20(1).pdf

Just copy and paste that URL into your browser.

Look at pages 34 and 35 of the manual for location of microphones. It might be easy and natural for you to place a finger over it. You can always get on a call and try laying the phone flat on your hand and asking the callee if the sound got better.

You might try engaging Advanced Calling (page 120 of the manual).

I wonder if any of the settings on page 6 of the manual, related to HD audio recording could influence call quality.

flip834
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you both for the quick responses. I will try these suggestions tomorrow and let you know.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

That would be great. I'm currently an LG G4 user considering the V30.

If the recipients of your calls are still complaining, contact LG by chat or voice. they would need to know.

0 Likes
flip834
Enthusiast - Level 2

I checked the phone today and it appears that I was covering the microphone.  Thanks for the assistance.